The first step before even thinking about surgical treatments is to get a clear and specific diagnosis of exactly what’s actually wrong inside your knee. This requires a proper full face-to-face assessment, including a review of all relevant imaging (X-rays, MRI, CT or Ultrasound). Only then can one have a proper meaningful discussion about the potential treatment options and all of their various pros and cons.
Mr McDermott specialises purely in knees, and he deals with all aspects of knee pain, knee injuries and knee arthritis.
Mr McDermott has expertise in all of the following specific knee treatments:
- ACL reconstruction
- PCL / posterolateral corner reconstruction
- Articular cartilage repair
- Articular cartilage replacement / grafting
- Meniscal trimming
- Meniscal repair
- Meniscal replacement (meniscal transplantation)
- Biological Knee Replacement
- Knee realignment (osteotomy)
- Medial plica / ITB surgery
- Patellar realignment / stabilisation
- Partial / total knee replacements
- Custom-made knee replacements